PEEK is a NATURAL utility which allows programmers to easily view and modify the data on ADABAS files. No coding is required - simply select your file and access method, enter a starting value, and the data is immediately available for browsing or editing.
PEEK consists of six main screens and windows. The diagram below shows the relationships between each:
- File screen
- Where you identify the file you wish to view. You may also select from a scrolling list of available files.
- Key screen
- Select the access method and key. All access methods are supported - Read Logical, Read Physical, Read by ISN, Histogram and Find.
- Detail screen
- View the contents of a single record. All elementary fields, MUs and PEs are available from this screen.
- Report screen
- View up to 15 records per screen in a report format. All elementary fields are available from this screen, along with up to the first five occurrences of each MU and PE field.
- Starting values window
- Start the access from a particular position within the file. When using a Find access, specifying a starting value is mandatory, for the others it is optional.
- Where criteria window
- Specify conditional criteria to reduce the number of records returned. Specifying where criteria is always optional.